Sunday, October 17, 2010

There is no need for this blog

The world will little note, nor long remember what I blog here today, but four score and seven thoughts ago I had a killer idea; something about using parts of famous speeches to kick off the Monkeymind.

Wish I could remember what it was.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A dirty chalkboard of a sky out there this morning. Not the kind you'd really want to start your week or lift your sunken, post game, Sunday hang about spirits, but there it is, grey and greasy as the sausage gravy on your morning biscuits. Truthfully, though, I don't mind. I have my day planned and nothing in it requires blue skies.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And so it was, yesterday. This morning the sky is, or might be, cerulean blue. I say "might be" because I don't really know what cerulean means. Wait a minute, I'll look it up. Well, there you go. It means sky blue. Okay then, cerulean blue is redundant. Sky blue blue. (If nothing else, that's fun to say: Sky blue blue.)

So anyway, yesterday, my well thought out, well planned day, went like this: I wrote a little, worked out a little, read a little, messed with the dogs some, got thrashed at Scrabble, watched no movies and lost no weight. Yeah, I know, you're thrilled.

Today though, what with that cerulean sky and all, I expect momentous happenings. I have a dog walk planned and those are never without incident. There will be chickens and other dogs to avoid, leashes to untangle, horse manure for the dogs to try to eat or, at least, to roll in - what is it with that? - and, well, who knows what else in the fascinating to retell category? My entire life is, as you can see, a pretty much thrill a minute kind of adventure.

Trust me. I'm not complaining.

If I were to complain, though, it would be about my not knowing the eight letter answer to the clue "Hopper and Turner" in my NY Times Crossword Puzzle. It's got a whole section hinging on it.

So there you have it, a brief history of time and the life of Indiana Jones in retirement.

Our fore fathers set forth on this page a new blog, divisible and unreadable.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That crossword is tough. I thought maybe Theodore but no famous Ted Hoppers I could find.
Here's a site with 8 letter boy names:
http://bit.ly/d4QGCL
And girls:
http://bit.ly/akUZUN
Let me know if you figure it out!

#1 Son said...

Ask not what your blog can do for you, but what you can do for your blog.