Sunday, August 13, 2006

Facts, Fiction and Football

There had to come a time when I'd write some fiction, because this telling of the raw, unexpurgated truth day after day is so trying. There are only so many truths to go around and once you've got past The Yankees are evil, Dubya's a dimwit, We are not alone, Halle Berry's hot for me and never cry Wolf in a crowded theatre, there's not much else to tell. Well sure there's war in several places, corrupt politicians (yeah, I know, that's redundant), global warming, AIDS and Paris Hilton, but everybody's writing about those things. This space has always been dedicated to the deeper, more spiritual, universal truths like why dogs will eat vomit and we won't. Not counting Paris, of course. So even though I will continue to post a fresh blog of cold reality on a regular basis, I am going to add a second posting of a continuing story. That way, when I am frustrated by not having anything to say on my regular blog, I can go over to my story blog and be frustrated by not being able to move it along. What more could a blogger ask?

I'm going to begin with a story I started a couple of year's ago but for reasons known only to my psychiatrist who then blabbed to everyone that I just forgot about it, the story went unfinished. I found its small beginning while looking through my files for something else and upon reading it, decided it needed an end. Or, at least, a continuation. Some of you will remember this story's start as I read it aloud a couple of times on our last visit to the U.S.A. (Unruly Surfers Amalgamated). I have recently added a bit and will now be passing it along...in increments.

But now for what I really wanted to talk about. Today is Sunday in the middle of August. The sun is shining, hence the day's name, it's hot and gorgeous outside and we all know what THAT means...It's football season! Well sure it's just preseason, but c'mon, the boys are suited up and tossing it around. Sportcenter is showing highlights and I'm as happy as dog in a bone factory! It's time to ignore the weather and stay indoors watching the tube until your eyes bleed. Anybody know the date of the first triple header?

So... stay tuned to this space for my fearless forecast and the ultimate truth. Go to my other space for what, I hope, might be, could be, may be, an epic adventure on a Swell Veldt.

Oh, and as always, Go Broncos.

No comments: