Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fantasy Based

I'm fantasy based myself. Reality based people have to deal with terrorism, global warming, AIDS, The New York Yankees and other bits of nastiness they probably brought on themselves. Faith based people are here to make both we fantasy and reality types look completely sane "Don't worry Dear, God will fix everything." Yeeehaa!

For those of you unfamiliar with fantasy types, allow me to present an example for your edification. Fantasy types never grow old. I for one, have been 32 for many many years now. I call it the Reverse Dorian Gray Syndrome. Hidden away so it won't be tampered with is a photograph of me at age 32 and in it I remain perpetually that most excellent of ages. Sure I walk through life with a face and body that daily succumb to the passing of years like Dorian's portrait, but those are just clothes I happen to inhabit. Inside I am still the guy in the photograph. Inside I am still filled with hope and plans for a rosy future. Inside my heart swells with music, song and dance looking for a mike and a floor. Inside there is always love, frequently laughter and no end to possibilities. You could, if you were fantasy based, win a race, write a book, climb a mountain. You could, if you were fantasy based, do whatever you set your mind to. You could even, like me, drop out, retire and move to Panama to live happily ever after. You could, really. Of course it's best you be no older than 30 or so. People stuck in reality and blind faith, people getting on in years that is, don't do so well here when it rains... or shines.

Fantasy based. We need more pub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I want to be fantasy based like you!