Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Rainy Night

I was going to write "it rained all night", but then this thought jumped into the monkeymind: How do I know? Was I awake all night? I mean maybe it quit for an hour and then started raining again. I wouldn't want to write something that was blatantly and obviously inaccurate like, say, the resident president is brighter than a breadbox, would I? Of course not. So let me tell you what did happen last night for sure.

I went to a wedding. I don't know who was getting married, but I was an usher and I was affiliated with the groom. I had to wear a suit jacket and some kind of satiny shiny pants. I disliked the pants so much, I waited until the last minute to change into them. I was wearing hiking boots at the time and it took so long to get them untied and off that I didn't have time to put them back on for the wedding. The bride had dark hair and was a little overweight but still looked good. I don't think I knew her. After the wedding, when everyone had gone to the reception - we weren't invited to that and I remember saying to Charly, "we came all the way from Panama just for the wedding?", I couldn't find my boots. I found my pile of regular clothes and a new pair of cheap sneakers in my size along with new arch supports but no boots. Ramon said the guy who took my boots must have felt bad and left me the sneakers. We piled into Ramon's car and headed off to somewhere but were quickly pulled over by a cop in a very lit up and colorful vehicle. He made Ramon get out and take the roadside sobriety test which to the cop's chagrin he easily passed. When Ramon got back in the car, I asked him how he passed the test knowing that he had been drinking throughout the wedding. "Alcohol doesn't affect me" he said. And now I have to believe him.

I really sleep well when it rains all night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can't win em all, but it looks like Uncle Raymond can win a few!