Saturday, May 26, 2007

Off and Running

It's a bright, sunny, Saturday morning here in Palo Alto, Boquete high atop the Serracin Builing and this broadcast is being brought to you by the good folks at Cafe Ruiz, the number one coffee in all of my house. Out back, a Panamanian with a shovel and a radio is doing his thing with the latest slide and from a distant wing of Casa Serracin come the sounds of people stirring.

Today's agenda will start with a visit to an estate sale where books and art works galore are reputed to be available and end with either a televised baseball game or a DVD movie. In between there will be stuff.

Here then, without further ado because too much ado makes your hair greasy, is Zendoc to get today's show off on the wrong foot.

Bueno Dias Ladles and Germanmen, I thought I would start off with my thought for the day and that was it. Any questions?

The wife of a friend of ours says the friend's favorite word is sensuous. She says he says "sensuous up get me an other beer" several times a day.

But this is no time for jokes, this is first thing in the morning, okay not the FIRST thing, that would be, you know, but probably the second or third thing when matters of world seriousness should be considered while the mind is fresh and alert. Ha ha ha, okay it is time for jokes. Remember the one about the farmer's son? Me neither.

Woowoo Charly and RTGFKAR are now up and drinking coffee out on the patio and, I surmise, enjoying the morning sun reflecting off the wet leaves of Panama's intensely green flora, creating droplet diamonds that sparkle everywhere and especially on the unassembled but equally aesthetic weight lifting apparatus that is scattered about at their feet. Nature and the work of man in perfect harmony.

More or less.


And now for your further entertainment, singing a medley of her favorite tune, Heeerres Charly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your description of the Boquete morning.

I know the jungle mountain rain is a pain in tha a** when you're trying to build a house, but from what little I've seen, I think I prefer the rainy season there.

Something about that green. It's just so damn GREEN.