Monday, May 28, 2007

Sunday it rained...again.

I blame Al Gore. After he invented the Internet he just couldn't leave things alone, so he invented global warming. Now the weather is all screwed up. Makes me wonder if it's raining in cyber space.

I tuned in to watch the Red Sox game yesterday but it wasn't on. Damn Al Gore. Luckily, the alternate game featured The Rockies and I got to watch my new favorite player drive in the winning run in the tenth inning. His name is Troy Tulowitski and he is my favorite player because I like saying Tulowitski. But then, who doesn't. The Rockies have won five straight. This doesn't rank with the parting of the Red Sea or Joe Namath's Jets winning the Super Bowl, but it is close. One or two more wins and they might escape the basement.

When I wasn't watching the rain or baseball I was reading a book whose events take place in post war Vietnam. I had quit on the book I was reading prior to that and its setting was post World War 2 Germany. I am really hoping now that my next book will be set in post war Iraq. I'm 400 pages away from finishing this current book so somebody has a little time to invent the peace. Not much though, I'm a fast reader.
Better get Al Gore on the job.

One of the things I had planned to do yesterday was pump iron. Who would have guessed there is such a big difference between planning and doing? That's probably a good thing though, at least in this case, as all my body parts from the waist up were still sore from lifting the day before. NFLers are strength tested by seeing how many times they can bench press 225 pounds. I was going to give myself the same test but then I remembered the words of a wise man who said, "Yo Pencilneck, get a clue before you hurt yourself." It could have been Al Gore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to practice yoga with my friend Kathryn yesterday (ah, lovely Cape Cod, I miss you already), but our arms were sore and our legs tired from chasing and lifting her toddler all weekend. Good exercise, that.

Zendoc said...

I've done a lot of reps with toddlers myself. good for the back muscles.

Anonymous said...

Oiy loeykes free rainge chiwdren when oiy eats chiwdren. Dayer a bit moor gaeiemie bu uh lawh moor taeystee.