Friday, May 18, 2007

You Can't Win 'Em All

A quick explanation for what is to follow. The new blog didn't work out - I couldn't get into it either - so I've pasted its content onto this page. I'm back at RTGFKAR's computer, mine being a lost cause as far as blogging is concerned.

Problem Resolved...I Think!

The last two words of that title "I Think" may be a bit of an exaggeration at the moment because I'm too mentally exhausted to really put the old gray matter to further work. I've spent hours trying to find a way into my monkeymind blog to no avail and disgusted, distraught, disturbed and demented I've finally just decided to move along. Here then I give you, Taa Daa! the new improved, exactly the same except for the name, blog of a different color, Boquete Monkeymind whose initials BM pretty much describe what I do here anyway. From a literary standpoint that is, and I can standpoint with anybody. I came to the keyboard hours ago with a ready formed blog just waiting to be spit out - spit out being another way of describing my output - onto monkeymind's pages. It was to be a natural, logical, follow up piece to those that proceeded it. Of course after punching, kicking, cursing and finally sledge hammering my way to cyber space's version of nowhere, I've completely forgotten what I was going to say. Fear not, however, gentle reader, for I am not stopped by the small things like a mind devoid of inspiration or even a mind devoid of mind, I'll just tell you what I wasn't going to write. I wasn't going to write about the day the TV went off, the Internet went away, the car died and our hot water turned to cold because that would be depressing. Well, for me anyway. Since I'm already gloom struck by having to change my blog, I'll start with the TV. Who knew that if you didn't pay your bill, the tube would go blank? Not me because I always paid my bill... when I got one.

(Here begins today's contribution.) I got the bill yesterday. Ten days after I paid it and fourteen or fifteen days after my programming was turned off for failing to pay it on time. Guess you can't win 'em all.

The water problem was resolved quicker than the others, but not before a few cold showers were endured. My neighbor, Aurelio, showed me that there was a series of storage and filtering tanks on the hillside above us. The second of these, the one closest too our large, blue, this is the final stop before entering our house container, had a leaf flattened against its exit pipe. One small leaf for man, one giant leaf for mankind's woes. How the leaf got into a sealed concrete tank remains a mystery unsolved, but, you know, as I once heard a guy say, you can't win 'em all.

Somewhere, someone, I'm told, dug up a bunch of fiber optic cable thinking it contained copper that could be sold. Said cable being destroyed is the reason, I was further told by our friendly neighborhood Internet provider, affectionately known here as Cable and Worthless but actually entitled Cable and Wireless, that we were unable to access the worldwide web for some ten or eleven days. Alrighty then, I guess you can just put this in the category of... you can't win 'em all.

The Beast's demise, as noted on an earlier blog, is not certain. It is at the moment on life support systems being attended to by able physicians named Marcos and Paulino, otherwise known as The Car Guys. Should it recover to any drivable degree, it will be sold to the first buyer offering money or, oh I don't know, mangos, guava, zarsamorra or doughnuts. That it should come to this right after I had spent a small fortune to insure the car's welfare gives further credence to that oldie but goodie homily that says - all together now - you can't win 'em all.

It's a nice day today though. Nice that is if you like rain. If you don't, well, what can I tell you? As someone once noted....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. You can't win them all. Life is suffering and then we die.

(That little piece of wisdom comes either from Chogyam Trumpa, infamous Tibetan pragmatist or from my Pops, I don't recall.)

However, if you're really, really lucky, in between the suffering and die part, you get to live in the mountain jungle, your days your own, your beautiful woman by your side, your fun friends nearby, and your adoring kids just a blog away. Oh, and let's not forget: your furry friend at your knee.

Pretty cool.

Unknown said...

you are very lucky to have very helpful neighbors, gringo.