Monday, February 25, 2008

Awards and Other Stuff

And the winner of this year's best song is: Barack of Ages.

I would like to thank the Academy and all the little people who made this possible. Come on little people, stand up and take a bow. Whoops, sorry, you're already standing.

I didn't get to see the Awards. They came on in the middle of the night(9PM)and I'd hit the rack an hour earlier to read my book. Not the whole book, just some of it. I turned off my reading lamp and opened the bedroom door at nine so I could listen to the festivities and thus program my dreams along movie lines. I don't remember either, the dreams or the show. Does Bob Hope still host the Oscars? "But seriously folks." I'm just kidding. I know he hasn't done that for two or three years now.

All of the above was written yesterday. My musings were interrupted to go off in search of Dim Sum which is both a Chinese breakfast and a description of my bank balance. We found the former across the street from the movie theatre attached to the Grand National Hotel in David. RTGFKAR, who had not had the Dim Sum experience heretofore was not impressed. I like the taste of most of the offerings, especially when dipped in a hot and spicy sauce, but I wonder about the ingredients that are hidden inside all the servings wrapped in noodles and pastry shells. What are they really, and why are there so many posters in the neighborhood of lost cats and dogs? Woowoo Charly, of course, would eat there everyday. If the food is exotic she's the first in line. This may in part account for her weighing less than air. As far as my bank balance goes - which isn't far - little damage was done. The tab for the three of us was ten bucks.

After breakfast it was on to the Post Office to retrieve books K sent us. The package of same was addressed to Doc or Charly Walton. I had to sign half a dozen forms as Doc Charly Walton before they would release the books. I then had to open the package as the aduana (customs agent) stood back. Books can be incendiary I've been told, but I've never actually seen one burst into flames. Contents were then examined for I'm not really sure what and I was free to go.

On the way out of lovely and talented downtown David we perused the sidewalk stores for artificial Crocs which are a kind of shoe currently popular here among the gringos and were recently voted the ugliest footwear ever to grace the human foot. I had to have a pair. Woowoo Charly said they would make great replacement slippers for me and be much quieter than the pair I've been schlepping around in. We spotted some in a sidewalk bin, so we parked the car and hiked to it. Four or five stores later we found a pair that were large enough. $2.99 + tax. $3.15 total. Alrighty then, I'm croc-ed. As an aside to all of you who have heard the rumor that men who have large feet also have large eeah-danga-schwazoolahs, let me note that I bought a size 44.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're mistaken. It was a Lynard Skynard number. Here's a tid bit--
..." well I hope Neil Young will remember-a southern man don't need him around anyhow
sweet homie-Obama
where the states are so blue
sweet homie-Obama
Lord he's comin' home to you...

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know that I heard a rooster the other day, and he was going , "Barack a doodle doo".

Anonymous said...

AC DC " Barack in black...
I hit the sack...
Been gone too long...
I'm glad to be back...."

Zendoc said...

Good ones all. Keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

Where's #2 ?