Monday, February 11, 2008

Just Walking the Monkeymind About

A lot of things on my mind this morning. Give me a minute. Urrrgghhhh. Okay, got 'em off.

My car is sitting in the driveway with a dead battery. A BRAND NEW dead battery. Some evil agent has visited in the night and done it in. This is the second battery in two weeks. In between the two I've had a new alternator installed so it can't be that. Friend LJ say it's a sell a noid situation. If I knew what a noid was I would sell it, but I haven't got a clue. My plan for today was to jumper cable the car to life and then take it to The Car Guys, but it's raining like the dickens, to beat the band, hell and assorted other cliches meaning hard and I'm not going out there unless it eases up. Looks like a good day for the three R's, reading, wRiting and cRossword puzzles.

For those of you who have been with the blog long enough to remember "A Swell Veldt", you will be happy? excited? thrilled? completely unmoved? to know that I have finished the tale. For those of you who don't go back that far, be advised I will be posting the entire bit of whimsy in the next couple of days. It comes with an "R" rating, which means must be accompanied by an immature adult, and contains language and situations likely to tittilate if taken in the presence of alcohol. Driving while reading is recommended for the professionally unfit.

I have just been advised that we are off to Daveed in twenty minutes.

(Wish my spellcheck worked. Is recommended two c's or two m's? And what about tittilate? Am I even close?)

No comments: