Saturday, February 09, 2008

Meat, Monkeys and Other Stuff

RTGFKAR believes that people shouldn't eat meat... more than three times a day; breakfast,lunch and dinner.

I had a steak last night and meatballs (bolitos de carne)in my spaghetti the night before. Prior to these two carnivorous orgies I had gone six or seven weeks eschewing the chewing of calf, cow, piggie or porker. My reason for the flesh fast has nothing to do with any particular turn of philosophy - although in theory if not in fact I generally like to avoid those things that are reputed to be "bad for you" like cigarettes for instance, and seek out the hearty and the healthy like long walks and a good cigar - but is simply that since my gall bladder has left the building, digesting meat seems a harder thing to do. I don't know if I am more salubrious for having minimized my intake of mooing and oinking animals, I don't feel any difference, but I have noticed that my dreams now frequently involve footlong hotdogs smothered in mustard and relish floating airborn like a halo about my head. I'm not sure what this signifies, but I think it has something to do with baseball.

Other news on the homefront and the homeback as well, include Woowoo Charly and I taking our neighbor Dalys, pronounced Doll-ees, and her two youngest kids, Daisy and Roberto to Paradise Gardens to see their assortment of rescued animals. Our assigned tour guide was a young woman from Belgium who spoke English, Spanish and I assume French,(unless there is a language called Belgic or Belgish)whose linguistic skills came in handy as the two kids only speak Spanish and I only speak when spoken to. We all learned much about the rescue, care and feeding of kinkajous, margays (think small ocelot), three kinds of monkeys, parrots, mccaws, toucans, and the like including two "cute as they can be" boxer puppies which, we were told, would one day be the garden's guard dogs if they ever stopped wrestling with each other.

After the tour there was ice cream. I declined this treat as well, because they didn't have my favorite flavor. Roast Beef.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found out the Golden Frog of Panama, like their Bald Eagle, is extinct. There are only a few left in captivity. How sad!
Maybe Paradise Gardens can get two and breed them silly and rescue them!

Anonymous said...

Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife for president.

Zendoc said...

Monica Lewinsky? Famous meat eater.

Anonymous said...

MMMMM.....Frogs taste goood. Eagles taste like chicken!