Friday, February 29, 2008

Today's Forecast

...'cause Baracking up is hard to do.

That's it. That's all I've got today.

Okay, there must be something else. Let's see, I'm an old guy; I should by all rights be able to talk about the weather.

The wind has picked up in the last couple of days. Picked up everything not tied or rooted down, that is. It's howls from last night have subsided into morning moans but you couldn't tell that from the wind chime outside my office window. It's playing a tuneless tune at a tempoless tempo.

Wind affects me phychologically. (Psycho logic means crazy logic and that's the kind I'm talking about.) I hear its sounds and see it bending the trees outside and it makes me scrunch up my shoulders and put the hood up on my hoodie. I associate wind noises with being cold and you know how I feel about that. In case you don't I'll tell you. Being cold and experiencing mysterious chest pains are tied for second behind kicked-in-the-balls agony on my list of least favorite things. Others on the list are barfing, scatological humor, Dubya (there might be some connection between those three)putts missed inside of six feet and...now I'm off the subject. Wind we're taking about, wind. I know, of course, that it does have its uses. Energy and blowing boats about come to mind. People are always talking about using wind power to generate electricity and I say, come on, how hard is that. Run my TV with still air and you'll get my kudos. Well, at least the ones I keep in a jar under the bathroom sink. Don't worry, there are holes in the lid so they can breathe. Think outside the box, I tell ya, people. You don't want to be dependent upon something that comes and goes as unreliably as wind or your mate's attention when the game is on. Still air is the answer. Wind is just a passing fancy. It's on its way to somewhere else.

And now, it appears, the wind is bringing rain with it. These are a couple of guys who should not be allowed to hang out together. They are a bad influence on each other and in tandem are up to no good. Rain coming straight down is a useful and pleasant weather phenomena when it does so in moderation. Rain riding on the wind and slapping sideways onto building walls suggests more of that psycho logic thing I've been talking about. It sounds cold. Have I told you how I feel about cold?

Yeah, I guess I have.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart beat like a hammer
My arms ...wound around you tight
and stars
fell on Barack Obama
that night..

Anonymous said...

That's weak. You'd have to substitute... Sweet Home Barack Obama. That doesn't work. How 'bout Koko Taylor's song, Come to Obama?
Or that band the Obamas and the Papas? Or that misfit dentists buddy the Obama snowman?

Anonymous said...

#2- Go back to "awards and other stuff"

Anonymous said...

Still weak.
But I do think we should thank dad for providing a space where you and I can keep in touch.
So, thanks dad.
I'm stuck between Barack and a hard place.

Zendoc said...

#2 scores with "Barack and a hard place" and "The Obamas and the Papas. #1 is lost in lyrics. Obama from Alabama is a stretch.

Zendoc said...

Oh yeah, and #2, Barack the Casbah?
What the hell is that?

Anonymous said...

It's a Clash song. You've probably heard it. Here's a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAkfHShATKY