Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My Computer and Super Tuesday

I trust my computer about as far as I can throw it, which, considering its non aerodynamic shape is about 15 feet. Let me test that. Yup, 15 feet it is. (Hmmmm, I wonder...what's the record?) After its having eaten most of my life's work, admittedly a small sum but nevertheless of worth to me, I find myself nervous?apprehensive? worried?, okay, FREAKING when it performs uncalled for functions. Today, for instance, it refuses to allow me to comment on the comments. It offers me choices of things to do that it has never offered before and then, of course, won't accept my choices. A couple of blogs ago the spell check ceased to function. I've tried slapping it around, a technique that works for me when my pillow gets out of shape, but that doesn't seem to help. Curses and threats fall on deaf ears as well. People say machines are not sentient, but I don't believe them for a minute. Anybody who pays attention will tell you that a well kept, clean car, spoken kindly to runs far better than a neglected version. My computer thinks and that's for sure. Trouble is, I doubt it's of sound mind. It's either that or it just likes messing with me.

"Barack to the future" and "Barack to the drawing board" are gems Jr. Keep up the good work.

I watched a little of Super Tuesday last night but after realizing that what being said was mostly a redundency of the redundency, I went to bed. The commentators had a lot of air time to fill with little to fill it, so they said the same things over and over but(skillfully?)phrasing their thoughts differently each time. It's probably the ability to do so that gets them the job in the first place. My own political BS threshhold is low to begin with, so boredom set in muy rapido. I'd rather read Op Ed pieces for info than listen to talking heads babble.

I wonder - and here's a Monkeymind thought linking paragraphs first and last - do you suppose, could it be, is it possible, my computer's a Republican? Nah. It's cryptic, but it's honest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hal hal hal,

are you there? ellen

Zendoc said...

Is this Ella the dog or someone lost in cyber space?

Anonymous said...

It's not Ella the dog, she uses a Mac.