Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Gonna Be Good

Barack a bye baby on the tree top.

The coffee fields burst into bloom last night and the bushes look as if they've been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Neat. Panama's ceiling today is a crisp, baby blue and there are stark white clouds ambling across it. If it weren't for that troubling gray stuff sneaking in from the north, I'd say it was going to be a good day. I'll say it anyway, it's going to be a good day.

I get to put books away este dia and that's a - I want to say good but I've already used the word twice so Im going with "fun" - thing. I've been looking forward to doing so since the day we moved in. With RTGFKAR's help I built book shelves last week, then I stained them and finally, yesterday, I brushed on the verathane or shellac or whatever you call that clear shiny stuff that leaves a nice smooth surface. The shelves are dry and ready now and the books are crying out "get me off the floor." Alrighty then, right after breakfast.

I've also got a CD of a book a friend of ours has written called "Nature Spirit Manifestations" that I want to get under way. I think I can read it off my computer. I suspect the book is going to be "deep" as the author, Stephan Cameron, has been on a lifelong spiritual quest. I'll no doubt be absorbing the book's messages in small doses.

Then, of course, what with this being Sunday, the day that God, The Universe and Nature designed specifically for sports viewing, there will be basketball, maybe soccer and for sure Tiger Woods in a 36 hole duel with Stewart Cink.

Yeah, It's going to be a good day. I better get the pancakes started.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the more descriptive prose you've been sprinkling in with the great observations and wit. Robert Olen Butler (or Bob Butler as Morgan calls him) really may be your mentor!
I want blue skies and some pancakes, too!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Blue skies and pancakes.

Here's an interesting thing, since you mentioned that your friend is on a life-long spiritual quest:

The other night at Deepak's NYC event -- did you get the email I sent you? - looks like THE THIRD JESUS may hit the bestseller list! -- Deepak explained that religion relies on belief, which is based on accepting as true something that you cannot experience; spirituality is based on experiencing that truth.

Anonymous said...

Obama lama ding dong!

Anonymous said...

I too am on a life-long quest for spirits.

Anonymous said...

Can you post a pic of the coffee blooms?

#1son - not those kind of spirits, silly!