Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dream Blogging

"Psycho" bird much in evidence this morning. I can here it screeching above all the other morning sounds. Yeeeeep yeeeep yeeeep yeeeep. Norman Bates must be prowling about. And this on the same day that I read a great white shark was seen in the water off the beach where Jaws was filmed. "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." And here it is! "Candygram. Candygram."

Pause a moment while I sit back and stare into the middle distance in search of my dream space.

Found it. Desafortunado, it's empty. Must have used up all the good ideas in last night's orizons. (I say orizons because it is a word Shakespeare occassionally employed for dreams. "But soft you now, the fair Ophelia. Nymph in thy orizons be all my sins remembered." You remember that? No? Okay how about this: "I have a dream." Still no? Okay, "I Dream of Jeanie." Alrighty then, I've found my audience.) Dreamboat. (Now there's an old word.) Dreamweaver. Dreamscape. Dream a little dream of me. The gorilla my dreams. I like dreaming,'cause dreaming can make you mine. Daydreaming. I'll see you in my dreams. Dream lover. Dreamsicles. (Those are good.)Dare to dream. Dreamland and dreamworld. (You take it I'm all dreamed out.)

I've mentioned before that I use Tylenol PM as a sleep aid. I break two of them in half prior to hitting the sack and I leave them on a counter for later use. Whenever I wake up, for whatever reason, I pop a half and go back to sleep. This is, of course, born of impatience. I don't believe in just lying there waiting for sleep to return when help is at hand. My impatience is not solely for the sleep per se, (okay per se is snooty, but c'mon, I've already quoted Shakespeare twice, so I must be on a snooty roll) but rather a return to dreaming. I LOVE dreaming! Dreams are like free movies I get to star in! Even the occasional nightmare turns me on. I wake up thinking, whoa that was cool and the sad dreams where I wake up sobbing give some kind of emotional release that leaves me feeling better afterwards. Dreams provide the drama that my psyche seems to need but definitely doesn't want in my waking life. And they are cheap! Five bucks worth of Tylenol PM lasts for weeks. I had a terriffic dream just a few hours ago.

Wish I could remember what it was.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got dreams, dreams to remember. Dream Genie. Dream Baby. Innocent When You Dream. Dreams of Home. Daydream Nation. Dream of the Blue Turtles. Field of Dreams. Call Me Up in Dream Land. I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine. Hit the Road to Dreamland. Don't Dream It's Over. Sweet Dreams Are Made of This. Dreaming My Dreams. Bob Dylan's 115th Dream.

Zendoc said...

Are they all songs? Were any of them hits? What was Bob Dylan's 114th dream? Okay,I know Field of Dreams and Sweet Dreams Are Made of This, but Dream of the Blue Turtle? You're putting me on, right?

Unknown said...

I've got dreams, dreams to remember=Otis Redding
Dream Genie=David Bowie (or Jean Genie)
Dream Baby=Roy Orbinson
Innocent When You Dream=Tom Waits
Dreams of Home=Ziggy Marley
Daydream Nation=Sonic Youth
Dream of the Blue Turtles=Sting
Field of Dreams=film
Call Me Up in Dream Land=Van Morrison
I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine=Dylan
Hit the Road to Dreamland=Johnny Mercer
Don't Dream It's Over=Crowded House
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This=Eurythmics
Dreaming My Dreams=Cranberries
Bob Dylan's 115th Dream=Dylan

Zendoc said...

Showoff.