Monday, December 21, 2009

Denver, Time and The Longest Day

My heart was broken, my hopes crushed like a stomped on grape. The evil Oakland Raiders had come into Denver and defeated the home eleven 20 to 19. The sky had fallen and a silence deep as the grave hushed the faithful. Tears and drooping shoulders were worn by all who dreamed of playoffs; playoffs now but a distant, barely flickering hope. Alas, so sad, so sad.

But that was yesterday!

Today this Bronco fanatico is feeling fine and probably dandy too although I'm not sure what feeling dandy really means. It's the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and if that signifies the area above the equator, than by-cracky, by-jiminy and by-other expressions no one uses any more, Panama is part of it and I don't want to spend the longest day of 2009 mope-ing about. To celebrate the longest day, I've selected a larger font for the blog. Okay, this is not exactly a Mardi Gras of celebrations but, come on, I'm going with what I got. (I was also going to make a list of all the things I was planning to do with the extra time, but apparently I've used it up writing this paragraph. I'll be more frugal with it next year.)

It is exactly 9:AM here which is something like 3:19 in Bangkok by the airport clock of my mind and Bangkok may or may not be in the Northern Hemisphere. Only the Bangkokians know for sure. Bangkokians, by the way, is fun to say. Why I bring this up, or rather make this up, is a question pondered by well known psychiatrists throughout the world, or should be. Bangkokian shrinks especially. For those of you who prefer more precision, I will point out that the hour in Greenwich is, at this moment, unknown. Greenwich is sitting in a corner taking a timeout for being mean.

It's back to Spring cleaning again today although the two days of Spring have been supplanted by the twelve days of Christmas and the five steps to a new and better you.

As you may have noticed, I don't really have a thing to say on this the longest of days. I just wanted to try out the new font (another funky word to say) and air out the monkeymind. It was getting dusty.

Cheers. But not for the Broncos. The stiffs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't today the shortest day of the year up North here? Or the longest night? Or something? All I know is that we don't get enough daylight.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Joe's dad Jerry said something about a recent game against the Colts. I hear they're really good. What happened when they played the Broncs? Hee.