Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Girls never make passes at men who...

Read magazines and Non-fiction books for information and knowledge. Read novels for wisdom.

People who do the following make more money than people who do the opposite: Work indoors, play outdoors.

This wearing o' the glasses has not been the easiest adjustment I've ever had to make. (Hhmmm, let me see, the easiest would be... sliding into retirement. No work today? Oh darn, what will I do?) Woowoo Charly put on her new spectacles and to my knowledge has never taken them off. In fact, I'm sure I saw her coming out of the shower yesterday with her specs tucked neatly in place. I, on the other hand, have always been the kind of whack-job who would shun even the wearing o' shades (gafas oscuros in Spanish, a fun thing to say) unless old sol shot me in the eyes with annoyingly bright beams or I thought at some given moment, usually incorrectly, that they would make me look cool. Even then I would snatch them off if there was something I felt needed to be seen clearly. Now when I snatch off my glasses, I find myself puzzled that the image I was hoping to sharpen turns out to be even fuzzier. Weird, I tell ya, weird.

A Facebook friend wrote this comment that I immediately seconded: Right-wingers and Tea party people need to come up with their own slogans. "Worst president ever" and "Let's take back our country" have already been used.

A woman called me the other day from Mobile Net, our Internet provider and said that if I came in and signed a new contract, I would get four times faster Internet service for less money. Aware, of course, that if a thing sounds too good to be true, it probably is, I nevertheless signed up. We now await the installation of a new signal grabbing gizmo which should happen some time in the next two weeks. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Any pics of you two in the new specs?

Zendoc said...

No, but I'll get a roundtuit eventually.

#1 Son said...

Whenever I snatch my glasses off I like to say,- Damnit Man, Don't you realize that all Mankind is at risk?
or
Dear God you've got to be kidding.
or
Are you telling me that's not a woman?

Zendoc said...

Most excellent #1! I'll use them all.