Sunday, September 12, 2010

Things I've Said

Since I am not going to last much longer, another 30 years tops, I thought I ought to leave a list for my children who are already old and forgetful themselves, of "things my father said" just in case they are asked. Of course, to this point I haven't really said much, so I've got to get busy saying things in a hurry or the list is going to be too short to bother with. That in mind, I will start some future blogs saying stuff that may have nothing to do with the blog itself. Just thought I'd warn you. Here are a few things I've said in the past and probably posted on a blog here and there:

Old men like old whiskey, old women like desserts.

The only discipline worth a damn is self discipline.

Life without an education is Burger King.

Blah blah blah is going to happen barring unforeseen circumcisions.

The best combination of flavors is red wine and dark chocolate.

Beer is made of three things, water, alcohol and beer flavoring. The problem with light beers is that they have too much of the first and not enough of the other two.

There are only three things you can do in any situation, change it, live with it or leave it.

If any thing I've said comes to your mind, I will be A. amazed and B. happy to post it.

8 comments:

#1 Son said...

Peas and carrots
Peas and carrots
Same Play.. Break!

Zendoc said...

Said during touch football games in the huddle to my sons. The call was accompanied by hand gestures to confuse the opposition into thinking we were scheming something new.

Unknown said...

1) We're on our feet and headed towards the door.

2) I don't know. Ask your mother.

3) I don't know. Look it up in your Funk & Wagnalls

4) Peer relationships are the strongest (or something to that effect). Your partner/wife/husband should also be your best friend

5) Something about look at the mother to see how the daughter will age

6) Work at being happy. It's worth the effort (or something to that effect)

#2son said...

When ever-so-patiently teaching the game of golf..."just pick it up and run, buddy! There's people behind us."

Zendoc said...

You are supposed to remind me of the pithy things I've said, not the pissy ones!

#1 Son said...

Do SOMETHING Alzado!
Tooornament
I Can't Focus
Toin Coss
&
Shave oneside, set fire to the other and when they run to the shaved side---STAB 'em with an ice pick!

Zendoc said...

To #1: That last one, the treatment for crabs, is still good.

#1 Son said...

We'll see, Bud.
Translation- You're out of your fuc*in' mind