Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Neat Freak

Okay, I admit it, I am a bit of a neat freak. I'm not into the everything must be spotlessly clean - I mean c'mon - the dog sleeps with us - but I do like a certain degree of order. I'm "a place for everything and everything in its place" kind of a guy. Part of this trait, I'm sure, was inherited - my mother being a neat as well as a clean freak - and part an acquired thing having to do first with attending military schools at a young age and later realizing that as a "7" if I don't put things where they belong, I won't be able to find them in the future, a circumstance which causes frustration to rear its ugly head and strike me in the wah. Wah, by the way, is a Japanese word meaning a place of peace and serenity. Its encroachment into English was first detected in the musical form called Doowah. If you sing DooWaaaahh, rising a bit on the second syllable and holding the note, you can feel the peacefulness inherent there. Disturbed wahs are not a good thing as you can also see in music. Dowahs sung too rapidly morph into doowops, an up tempo, less than serenity and more of a hurry up inducing form of music.

What I'm getting to, now that I've reached my BS goal for the day, is that yesterday we got our closet installed. It's large, you could hide in it, beautiful, it matches both our furniture and the dog, and it will hold piles of stuff. I say will hold, because I haven't got to actually filling it yet. I'm looking forward to that task as soon as I neatly wrap up this blog and put it away. My wah is downright giddy at the prospect. Let's see, jeans go over here, shirts over there, socks and shorts in this drawer and let's make sure all those jackets and other hanging stuff all face the same way. I'm thinking to the left.

Are you happy for me or do you just want to go mess something up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Closets are wonderful. As are dowahs. While you certainly have some neat freak in you, there is also a pile hound in there. But as we know mutts are always better than purebreds.