Saturday, December 13, 2008

Doc and the Diet Thing

We had a rainless day yesterday. Weird, huh?

We lunched at a new restaurant, Tammy's, reputed to have the best hamburger in town. I believe the reputers are right. I split mine with Woowoo Charly who had ordered falafel which is pronounced fa...any way you feel like. I don't know what falafel is for certain, but it was served as ping pong ball sized fried things and came with a side order of hummis another thing I can't account for and pita bread for which I can. It's a Greek tostada right? It was all good.

RTGFKAR had a bacon cheeseburger that came garnished with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions and it's always entertaining to listen to him as he removes said garnish with the explanation that if he wanted a salad on his burger he'd order one. RTGFKAR won't eat uncooked vegetables.

The night before, Randy and Maryellen the Texas twosome who are back from cruising the world - okay a small section of it in the Caribbean - took us to dinner at Aura's, a place close to where we live, and there too we were served a fine repast. (It's repast now but it was represent then.)I had an espeghetti con pollo and everyone else had...other stuff. Again, all good.

With that in mind let me tell you how my diet is going. Okay it's not really a diet, it's a goal. No it's not really a goal either it's a plan. My plan. My plan is that every time I reach 170 pounds on our bathroom scale which is clearly unreliable because it always shows me as heavier than I really am, I sure of it, I will restrict my caloric intake until I lose five or more pounds. This will leave me at fifteen pounds overweight, an amount I can live with because it takes so long to lose five pounds that the thought of all the time it would take to lose fifteen more puts me into a deep depression that only high caloric foods can relieve. Pass the cheesecake please. I will then eat whatever I want until I ACHIEVE 170 again and then start over. If my plan works I'm going to incorporate it into a diet book called The Yoyo Diet Plan with a subtitle of How to Lose and Gain Weight for Fun and Profit, because diet books sell like crazy (the profit part, gaining the weight back is the fun part) even if they are exactly that...crazy.
Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Randy and ME for me! xox

Anonymous said...

So I can call you Yo Yo Pa?