Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Restart

I'm not ready to blog. I'm sitting here sorting through my mind's thought inventory and nothing strikes me as blogable. Of course I never really have all that much on my mind, so the process doesn't take long. I need help, Freud, Jung, Adler, Dr.Phil, maybe even Frazier and Niles. I'm blocked. Haven't written for three days and it feels like three years. What would you do? A couple of writer pals recommend "automatic writing." This is a stream of consciousness, blurt it out, let it flow, write every little thought that comes to mind and see what you get style of writing that works for them. Well, alrighty then, let's give that a try.

Five minutes have elapsed and I got a quick glimpse of something regarding Batman but it slid by before I could type it out.

Okay here we go. That was a good flick and so is It's a Wonderful life. I'd like to see Christian Bale and Jimmy Stewart change roles. "Wha wha wha were is she ca ca ca Commissioner Gordon?" "It's too late now Batman." "You might want to think twice about that twinkie comment bartender. Just because my friend dresses in a Halloween costume on Christmas Eve doesn't mean he can't kick your ass." Oh yeah Christmas, now there's a subject I don't even want to get on. The music is good though. Well some of it anyway. "Jack Frost roasting on an open fire, yule dust snorting up your nose. Although it's been said many times many ways, bah the humbug, bah the humbug, to you." New Year's Eve, now that's a holiday. Time for reflection and nostalgia while at the same time looking optimistically forward. I'm guessing there won't be much nostalgia for 2008 in most of the U.S. of A. what with the financial crash and other catastrophes like the Phillies winning the Series. I enjoyed the year though, for the most part. Great trip to NY, MD and CT. Wrote lots and read much. Losing that dog was sure no fun. Need to come up with a good resolution for 2009. Any suggestions?

Well that almost worked. I don't see anything there that I could blog around the block with. I see some longer pieces I could crank out, but none particularly funny and I prefer particularly funny. I think I'll go back to my own way of kick starting the word machine. I'll type one word and then I'll type another. After that I'll read those two and then I'll type another and so forth into the...near future. Let's get started.

Wombat. Tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wombat is always a good place to start.