Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thoughts, More or Less

I just polished off a piece of RTGFKAR's homemade banana bread and am reminded of the the food conversion scale for elderly humans. That one six to eight ounce piece of banana bread can convert into four pounds of stomach fat is a fair example of how the scale works. The canine conversion scale functions somewhat differently. Feed our puppies the same piece of banana bread and it will morph into two pounds of poop. Both scales defy logic and reason but their truth is unquestioned.

I was hoping to write without mentioning the weather but a phenomena exists at the moment that calls for comment. I sit facing a corner in my office. There is a window to my left that looks out to the southwest and a window to my right that does the same to the northwest. To my left there is a clear blue sky spotted with puffy white clouds. To my right there is gray. Serious gray. Ominous gray. It is as if I were looking out onto two different worlds. It's weird I tell ya Pappy, weird.

RTGFKAR and I are off to Lovely and Talented Daveed later today to stock up on provisions in preparation for our next weather siege; one we hope will include sunshine. Woowoo Charly will remain en casa to puppy sit. Last night while watching Woowoo Chuck play tug-o-war with one of the pups, RTGFKAR and I pointed out how brave the ten pound dog was to take on an opponent who weighed three or four times as much as it did.

The sky is brightening to my right, a hopeful sign.

I don't know about you but I enjoy routine. That is, a schedule of activities I have set for myself, not one imposed on me. I allot time for everything I want to do and by applying self-discipline and sticking to the schedule, I poco a poco make progress in all my tasks. When "real" life intrudes as it does on such a regular basis that I suspect it has its own agenda, it knocks the hell out of my routine and I find it difficult to get back to my good (Good? I think they're good.) habits. When I eventually do return to my artificial, read "not real" but enjoyable grind, time has been lost and it cannot be found. I know I've looked everywhere. Oh well, not to worry, cosas de la vida, c'est la vie, que sera sera and any expression in any language that I can interpret to mean...alrighty then!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What I called normal you call routine. Same thing. Your weather disrupted my routine, by not giving me daily doses of monkeymind. Am glad to see you back. It helps my routine.

Zendoc said...

More weather on the way, more disruption. I don't like the words normal, because what, really, is that? or average, because who wants to be that?