Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The "I've got to keep up the blog" blog

Alrighty then. A rainy Tuesday, wet dog scent permeates the air. One of my favorites. No golf in the offing or oning which, linked like that, sound more like sex than golf. What shall I write about today? (Do rhetorical questions require a question mark and why don't I know the answer? This is clearly a failure of our public school system that Obama needs to address. Or is it redress? You see, my lack of education knows no bounds and it is not my fault I tell ya. If I grew up in Sweden I would know this stuff and other stuff absent from my mental resume like why are there so many blonds there?)

There is always sports. (I won't linger long here, I promise.) "No NBA team up 3 games to none has ever lost a playoff series." That's what the announcers keep reminding me. Obviously a Denver team has never held a 3 to 0 lead before. Denver teams are famous for negative stats. Worst loss in a Superbowl, worse loss on Monday Night Football, never making it to an NBA final, losing four straight in their only World Series, all come to mind. The Nuggets 3 to 0 lead over the Dallas John McCains, I mean Mavericks, is clearly a set up so that Denver can hold the dubious record of being the first NBA team to blow a three game lead also. Remember, you heard it here first.

Does anyone know how to find the song from the movie "Tin Cup" called Double Bogie Blues?" (At least I think that's the title. It's the featured lyric.) I exhausted my search the net ability when Itunes couldn't find it and Google failed me. I don't know who sang the song and that makes it hard to find and also I'm not very bright and that makes it even harder. I would like to have it for my Ipod and also to learn to play the song on my guitar and sing the lyrics while traveling around the world giving free concerts to deserving nations like Somalia and Mozambique. You never hear about concerts getting played there.

Some of you have expressed concern over of our lack of a nearby outdoors due to the dogs having brought it all indoors. Well not to worry. The same dogs have brought distant outdoors onto our property in the form of discarded plastic bottles and containers, chunks of charcoal, blackened and rotted banana bunches, bits of paper and cloth, a jaw bone of an unknown animal and, of course, the usual pools of vomited up mice and insects. They present these things to us as gifts and enjoy chewing and slurping them directly under our feet as we sit on the patio admiring the far off view. Ah yes, our pups are definitely thoughtful and adorable.

Okay, I have now written a blog where none existed before even though as I am wont to say, I got nothing. Why I am wont to say it remains a mystery.

4 comments:

#2son said...

Mickey Jones
Double Bogey Blues

It's early Sunday morning, the sun is coming up
I'm on the tee at seven, I'm here to try my luck
They say this games a tough one, but I'll give it my best shot
Cuz the bunkers look like beaches and the greens like parking lots

Oh lord....what I'm I gonna do, Help me keep my head down
And save me from these double bogey blues

First I pull out my driver, check my stance and grip
I'm trying to remember every Nicklaus tip
Straighten that left elbow, slightly bend your knees
Keep that ball behind you, and look out for those trees

Oh lord....what club should I use, I'm lost out in the forrest
Save me from those double bogey blues

Lead break

Well I started out with three balls, now two of them are lost
Got two hundred yards of water that I gotta get across
Did I hear somebody talking about a Forty dollar bet
I got Thirty in my pocket, but I won't let em' see me sweat

Oh Lord....the next Bud's for you, help me with this three wood
Save me from those double bogey blues

Well I'm on the eighteenth and seven, my knees began to shake
I'm praying I can one putt, try to save an eight
It's a forty dollar nassau, if I sink this I'm in lock
I'll be sitting in the club house, sippin' bourbon on the rocks

Oh Lord....what am I gonna do, Help me keep my head down
Save me from these double bogey blues

Oh oh oh Lord....I can't afford to lose, I'll be in church next Sunday
Just save me from those double Bogey Blues.

#2son said...

Link to a live performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S6P9_WsrSM

Zendoc said...

Thanks Todd, but I am still at a loss. I want to download the song and iTunes doesn't have it.

#2son said...

I haven't found a downloadable version yet, but you can listen to it here:
http://www.imeem.com/tuckahoe/music/LukefmOE/texas-tornados-texas-tornados-double-bogey-blues/