Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Rant # 1

What follows is the first of a couple of rants I will write this month for our writer's group. Bob Applegate is the founder of the group and the guy who dreams up each month's assignment.


I Gotcher Rant Right Here Wise Guy
By Doc Whatsisname


What’s with this Appledude guy? Every month he picks a topic for we whacked out wordsmiths to write about and like lemmings we go right ahead and follow his lead. What are we thinking? I mean this guy couldn’t pick a topic if you gave him a How To book entitled How To Pick a Topic! Rants. You call rants a topic?! And last month, for crying out loud, we had to write something that started with “I live.” What kind of topic is that? Of course we live! If we didn’t we wouldn’t be writing anything at all would we? Clearly something has to be done. We have to stop this merry madman before he goes too far with his “experiment.” Next month he’s likely to have us writing SciFi or autobiographies, maybe even descriptions or dialogue. What’s that you say? He’s already done those? Well that just goes to show you what I’m talking about people. This guy is out of control. I can picture him right this minute sitting in his laboratory rubbing his evil hands together, saying heh, heh, heh, while pondering what insidious theme he will torment us with next month. I say to arms! To arms my fellow writing wretches! Let’s take this into our own hands. Let’s pick topics that suit us, for a change. We can do that, can’t we? Topics we’re certain we can write about… for sure… like…well…you know………….give me a minute.

No comments: