Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday Laments

Watched Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" last night and came away feeling that if you are less than sixty you're screwed. Al's more optimistic than I am though, he thinks we are only screwed if we, and by we I mean you and America the land of the free to do whatever you want to the environment as long as it's good for business, take several difficult steps to chill out global warming. To which I say... Al, be serious. You're talking about a country that made Dubya its president...twice. What are the odds you can get the populace behind your plan when, I bet, more than half wouldn't be able to understand what you are talking about in the film. Give it your best shot though Big Fella and I'll help out wherever I can. I've got grand kids too.

But enough complaining about that, let's complain about the weather. Or is that the same thing. * I'm using a Spanish keyboard and when I type a question mark, I get this_ a line. When I type a parenthesis, I get this * a star. This though, is not a complaint. I am happy to have a second computer.* What is a complaint is the wind and bajareque, mountain mist, that is both noisy and wet and making the world outside my window look quite foreboding. Just because we have had weeks of warmth and sunshine doesn't mean we now have to bite our tongues and remain silent while the wind blows rain sideways all over the place. C'mon, Big Al, fix this and I promise that if I ever buy a new car, it'll be a hybrid, low emissions puppy.

I'm feeling better now. The coffee has kicked in. No complaints at all about the new house other than that it is huge and Woowoo Charly keeps getting lost. Luckily we have a dog with a good nose. I just put one of Chuck's garments under his nose and he tracks her down for me. "Go find your mother Gus. Good boy!" Wonder what Gus thinks about melting Arctic ice caps. Probably, like the average American, not much.

No comments: