Monday, February 12, 2007

Moving Thoughts

Our last week up here on Jaramillo hill begins today. And that's not jar-a mill-o, it's har-a-me-o. By next Sunday we will be gone, moved briefly abajo (below) and then onto Palo Alto. Palo Alto I've just learned by looking it up in my Harper Collins Spanish English Dictionary (Harper by the way, is Joan and Jackie's less talented sister) means tall stick. Alrighty then. I am now anxious to be on the way to Tall Stick, but still apprehensive about the move. There's all that packing and lifting and lugging and unpacking and cleaning and well, all that moving stuff. Seriously, do you know anyone who likes moving apart from the guy in cell block 4 whose sentence just got commuted? The only saving grace is that we don't own much. A bunch of books, a couple of basketballs, some clothes and a toaster oven. Our golf clubs are already in the car. We have two friends who have volunteered trucks and backs - may the universe shine upon them always, because a true friend is one who will help you move - so the task is not really daunting but still, it is moving and psycholgically that is somehow disturbing. Freud said, "sometimes a move is just a move" no he didn't, but if he did he would be wrong and Jung would point it out. A move is more than a move, it's an ending and a beginning. It is, as yet another famously deep thinker, Monte Python once said, "and now for something entirely different." That most likely is at the root of my apprehension, that entirely different part. Despite being an optomist - my glass is always half full because I add a little to it each day to account for evaporation - I still have that nagging (7) fear based concern of will the entirely different offer me fewer or greater choices.? Fortunately my heroes, Alfred E. Newman with "What, me worry?" and the reggae guy singing "Don't worry, be happy" are always there to see me through. Couple those with "Zippidy Doodah" (the Great Karnac's answer to the question, what do you do when your doodah is open?) and Woowoo Charly's IN with the spirits of nature, coldcuts, and the Law of Intention and all should go well. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I move twice a day and all seems to come out well in the end.

Zendoc said...

Is that why you call yourself number 2 son?

Sounds about normal, actually.