Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Blowout

Don't you just love blowouts. You sit back stress free watching your team pile up the points and you realize the world is a good place, a friendly place, a place of grace under the sun.

Yesterday's election was a blowout almost as much fun as the Bronco's opening day win over Al The Devil Davis' Oakland Raiders. Good triumphed over evil by a large margin and hope was renewed in the breasts of the faithful. A caution must be issued here as Obama suggested in his speech last night. The road ahead is long and filled with potholes. We all know what has happened to the Broncos since that long ago blowout. But those concerns for the future are for another moment. This moment, this present moment, must be savored. My mathematical skills have never been top drawer as I have often noted, but even with that in mind, I figure I can't be too far off when I divide votes for McCain by the number of U.S. states. It comes out to six, maybe even seven people in each state voted for the old guy and his goofy sidekick. I figure they just got confused and pulled the wrong lever. I mean what else could it have been? All the remaining millions voted for Obama. If the election was a sporting event it would be what's referred to as a "laugher", a one sided spanking of the opposition.

That's it. That's all I have to say for today. That and of course, "It's good to be the king".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of our people.

Unknown said...

A good day. A great day. Rough road ahead, but we're headed in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope they get him a good solid pope mobile to cruise around in.

Anonymous said...

Obamerica has arrived! Smiling at strangers! Dancing in the streets!

Zendoc said...

Now we have to wait until Jan.20th when the Broncos prepare for the Superbowl,the Nuggets open a lead in their division, I'll be just getting over my New Year's hangover and Obama will be sworn in.

I'm with Todd on the pope mobile thing. And the White House basketball court (there will be one) should also be a bomb shelter.

Thanks Anastacio, I enjoyed your lyrical blog and I love your logo.