Saturday, November 29, 2008

What Rain?

I've lost momentum. Can't write without Mo. Need Mo to keep the Flo. Have to force it for a awhile. Shove through the dead zone. Find the light. Write.

I love the keyboard on our new computer. I hit the spacebar with my index finger when I type and our old laptop keyboard required a pounding to make the space. I was continually going back and separating words. (And you thought you had it rough. See the kind of problems I have to deal with.)

Alrighty then. So, on the twelfth day of Rainmas, it didn't. Well not so far anyway. Of course it's not even eight yet, but hell, it's rain free afuera and that's a novelty. If it remains so, RTGFKAR and I will take pick and shovel to our servidumbre (access road) and try to make it drivable again. We have stacks of trash that need to be removed from the premises before they overwhelm us. ("Boquete trio found smothered in household garbage. Puppies chew their way to safety.")

My car has been parked at B and L's for most of the weather siege. Whenever we needed something from town I would walk there,(to B and L's) drive across the mountain, make the purchase, return, park the car and lug whatever I had up the muddy, rocky, slippery slope of a trail. The other day I brought back a propane tank - our water is heated by propane - that weighs, I don't know, maybe fifty or sixty pounds. I drove it to the trail head where I met RTGFKAR. We took turns walking it up the trail until we reached RTGFKAR's car which was parked at the bottom of the concrete carilles that lead to our house. RTGF drove it from there. We had done the same with bags of groceries the day before. Both times were made more annoying by the ceaseless rain. No matter though, we are rugged guys used to the rigors of our primitive lives. Especially me. I use a strict routine of chain smoking cigars, while downing cocktails to keep me fit and ready for any unexpected hardship.

After the road work there will be football. It is "Rivalry Week" for the NCAA (Naughty Collegiate Amos and Andys)and a few of the games promise to be competitive and entertaining. The Gators vs. Seminoles is always a good one featuring as it does actual alligator/indian tussles in the parking lot beforehand. I'll put my gameface on for that show. My gameface is the one with popcorn and beer being shoved into it at regular intervals.

Right now, though, it is still not raining so I better put on my work shoes. I don't have a workface.

No comments: