Monday, March 31, 2008

First Thing Tomorrow

Maybe Kira or Bonnie who have "ears" for poetry can straighten this mess out.


I'm feeling the need to read
something I've written inspired.
I'm feeling the urge to splurge
on thoughts that are new.
But I'm stayed from the page
by an old stubborn fear
that grips me and strangles my muse.
In the night on my bed I can dispel the dread
with promise and damn good intentions.
But with the first light I awaken to fright
and I write all but what was intended.
The task is at hand
I have made a good start.
There are pages already aplenty.
I just have to go and recapture the flow
at the site where the story resides.
But I stay locked up inside and I just want to hide
from the thing I know I must do.
Tomorrow I say I'll get started again
but I blog and avoid the real writing.
I know I can't quit, I've got too damn much grit
to leave this hard thing left undone.
I'll face up to my fear and when it comes near
I'll just write it away.


First thing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todds the one with EARS.