Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good Lines and a Small Whine

A fellow Panama blogger, Don Ray, starts his blog, "Chiriqui Chatter" with a quote. Today's was, "Incontinence Hotline. Can you hold please?" Cracked me up. And Deepak Chopra got the jump on the whole Spitzer affair in his book, "The Third Jesus" when he wrote, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw scripture." Good Stuff.

I've got a birthday coming up and I'm kinda (it is so a word) wondering how to celebrate it. Life in retirement pretty much allows you to do whatever you want on a daily basis so finding something to do for a special occasion gets problematical. (That's a word too. Isn't it?) My drinking is down to a boring "moderate level" and I'm not going to change that even though my B-day is St. Patrick's Day, I'm half Irish and previous years required a dual celebration. The hangovers are just no longer bearable. There will probably be food, dinner or lunch out, but even though I like to eat, I'm not really a food guy and I just don't consider dining out a special thing to do. The company will be good for sure. I've got Woowoo Charly, RTGFKAR and teriffic pals to share the day with, but we often get together, so that won't really be a unique birthday experience. And of course, there will be golf. The thing with that is, we've been playing regularly for a while now and I want that to continue as a routine part of my week and not be a special occasion treat. This, though, is dependent on our continuing to get a decent rate from the pro shop. There are no sporting events to attend and I get plenty of movies from Direct TV so, really, what to do, what to do?

Hahahahahahaha! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. My whole life is one big celebration! I don't need to change a thing. Just give me a regular old day and wake me up to have it, I'll be good to go. Nothing special is required because it's all special to begin with. I don't need anything more.

Hmmmm. On the other hand...a hole-in-one would be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can have mine. Both. The hole in one and my birthday.

Anonymous said...

How can you tell a little old man with incontinence, from one without?
.....well.......depends.