Saturday, March 08, 2008

Three Hundred and Counting

Trumpets blare and the band strikes up "Hail to the Chump." This then is the long awaited 300th blog which qualifies me as Greatest Blogger Of All Time At The Woowoogolf Site and enshrinement in the Hall of Who Cares is sure to follow. A great day indeed, and here comes a truck up our drive delivering either my trophy or 200 four inch concrete blocks that RTGFKAR ordered.

All in all a fine close to a good week that included golf, a new lawn, an installed closet, several excellent repasts, the Nuggets knocking off Phoenix and San Antonio and now, darn, a load of bloqueas concreto. Oh, and also, my car battery didn't die.

It was raining and misty when I Jack-in-the-boxed out of bed this morning. An idea lingered from a late dream and I wanted to get right to it. Sometime during my ritual of preparing coffee, putting away the night-before's dishes, unlocking the doors to let the dog out and three point four other tasks I've forgotten, the idea slipped away. I plopped down on a patio chair to smell the rain, the mist and our new lawn while I tried to recapture it. No luck. I think it may have been simply, "get out of bed" which is an idea I have most mornings as a deterrent to the biblical concept of thy bladder runneth over. I took in the great outdoors through all my senses until the sound of coffee finishing its slow drip into the pot - a sound like muffled horse hooves fidgeting in a stable - spurred me to action anew. (I was going to say once again, but anew needs to be used more often.)I grabbed a cup of the steamy stuff and took it to the office where I plopped down and waited for the computer to come to life. While I waited, I perused a crossword puzzle that is there specifically to fill those moments in which the computer yawns and stretches and groans into wakefulness. Can anyone give me a six letter word that means "gossip down South" that possibly ends in the letters r-e-s? After that, I wrote my blog and then motored downtown where I was presented the keys to the city by the mayor in recognition of my 300 contributions to Boquete's blog world.

Kudos, I said to myself, kudos. (I don't know the exact English translation for the Spanish word kudo, but it's most often used in the phrase, "careful, don't step in the kudo.")

No comments: