Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bio Bit

Doc here. Six foot four, one hundred ninety lean, hard pounds, cat like movements, gold flecks dance in my eyes. I stole that from a NY disc jockey sometime in the Nineteen Sixties. I can't remember his name, but he could do a mean Ronald Colman impression and, of course, being on radio he could get away with any self description he wanted to use. I used to answer the phone that way, "Doc here, six foot four, etc" Rarely got a laugh, but I liked it. Now when I get the chance I go with "Helloooo, Hellooo, Hellooo, I am your beloved Count Olaf" or, if the caller is a Spanish speaker I say, "Solo Loewe." (Low way way). That's from a men's cologne commercial showing here that cracks me up. Neither of those gets a laugh as well, but if you can't tickle yourself or Halle Berry, what's the world coming to? For any reader out there who hasn't met me - there are a few I'm told that this blog bit is passed along to - I am actually five foot ten, 160 pounds of lean, hard, fat, crablike movements and when things dance in my eyes I up the magnification of my reading glasses. My best impression is of John Wayne and, frankly, it's really bad, so if I start doing it, cut me off and send me home in a cab. Oh yeah, and I'm twenty six years old. (I can only tolerate so much non-fiction.)

I don't know why I wrote that paragraph. One thing just led to another. Kind of like life. Okay, exactly like life. One thing leads to another. It's a good thing too, I suppose, because if one thing led to the same thing I'd be writing the first paragraph again.

I'm looking out my window for inspiration and I'm not getting a thing. There's nothing out there but lush vegetation in every shade of green serving as a backdrop for countless flowers of more colors than your biggest crayon box ever held, a towering volcano whose peak is this morning shrouded in clouds and whose sloping shoulders seem to encircle our house and a huge pale sky with dark, fast moving clouds streaming by like some kind of celestial parade. So with nothing to write about there, I think I'll just call it a day.

It's a day.

No comments: