Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dentists and Domes

I have to go to the dentist first thing tomorrow morning, a thing I like about as much as, well, going to the dentist. Since I can't rely on the local rooster to wake me at the crack of, I thought I'd get a word or two in tonight. Problem is, there's a lot of words out there and it's difficult to narrow down the choices. Frock is a good one for example. It sounds like something you'd say after stubbing your toe, but is actually something you wear. That's something YOU wear. Personally I'm thinking there's no frocking way. Still, if you're sitting in the dark looking for words like I am, frock's not a bad starter.

We had a quiet day today, Woowoo Chuck and I. 'Course that's our plan. We're saving loud days for later when we can share. We are headed into Dahvid or Dahveed, we 've heard it pronounced both ways, tomorrow for this, that and the dental thing. I'm looking forward to feeling the wet heat of that tropical city and chewing abstractedly on the inside of my cheek until the novacaine wears off and I realize I've been eating small bits of myself. And that's the fun part. Which is your favorite drill? The low grrrrrrr one or the high weeeeee one? Our dentist, Dr. Arrozmenos is a good guy, but if you break down his name it means less rice. He has a friendly nurse though. Cute too. She holds your hands while Lessrice does his thing. This may just be a way to avoid being struck, but it seems kindly and concerned.

I got an email photo of my oldest son earlier this week. He has a shaven head. Cue balled. Don't know what inspired him, Budweiser, Guiness or Jamison, but as a show of support I rushed right downstairs and drank Budweiser, Guiness and Jamison. Kidding. What I really did was shave off my mustache. It's a radical transition after lo these many years. Not rad like my son Penis Head, but radical nevertheless. Years ago I shaved my dome and the kid said I looked like an extra in Shindler's List. I'm thinking he's in for his share of baldy barbs even if razored pates are more common now than back in the day. He can thank Michael Jordan and Bruce Willis for that. Still, what compels a lad with a thick head of the bushy to whisk it all away? Don't know for sure, but I can tell you one thing. It's better than a sharp stick in your mouth.

4 comments:

Zendoc said...

Nope, I don't remember, but considering i was such liberal, hippie, pussycat of a Dad, (right?)it must have been something outrageous. Maybe you should remind on a direct email!

Zendoc said...

You never know what line will strike someone as memorable. The one that cracked my ownself up was..."The girl had a hiatus that just wouldn't quit." Wow, I just quoted myself! I'm a legend in my own mind.(Yeah, I know, that's someone elses.)

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»