Monday, September 04, 2006

The 100th Blog

Today's is my 100th blog. Calls for a celebration. I think I'll have another shot of coffee in my coffee. You, on the other hand, being younger and more energetic, should go out to breakfast, lunch and dinner, see a movie, buy a new car and another dog and do something with fireworks that will get you thrown in jail over night. Oh and a toast is in order. I like mine made from rye, almost burned, crunchy with plenty of butter.

To further help you celebrate I will tell you how to get very rich, very quickly. Bring back the pocket T. That's right, the t-shirt with the little pocket that designers abandoned when cigarette smoking fell from favor. Apparently it never occurred to the people who brought us shorts that hang to mid calf - shouldn't they be called mediums - that those pockets could be used for other things like glasses, pens, or cocktail napkins with someone's phone number and email addresses written on them. Why have a usefull pocket when a useless logo can make your customer a walking billboard. Okay, okay, I see the wisdom in that from their point of view, but am I a maverick, a radical, looney tunes or a visionary - actually, I am a visionarian, we treat the short-sighted -when I ask, why not both? Everyone and I mean everyone I've talked to, and this is a number exceeding four, has found this to be a good idea. So lets you get right on that right now and flood the market before Nike swooshes in and makes all the money. Of course if pocket T-s are already back, I mean they could be, we here in Panama are a step or two removed from the fashion capitols of the world, then let me know and I will give you my back up idea for making the long green. Here's a hint. It has something to do with saving fabric costs by making shorts... ah... well... short.

And on a related subject, related in the sense that Kevin Bacon sometimes wears t-shirts while reading, I had a thought about why everyone should read my blog and everything else they can get their hands on. Now you know what happens when I have thoughts. First there is the headache and then the weird compulsion to either write or say aloud what I was thinking. This is usually followed by laughter and people pointing their fingers and snorting. It's all very strange. Nevertheless, as there is no therapy to stop my thoughts from coming here and there, I give you this latest. People who don't read much see only the lifestyles that are around them. Narrows their choices. People who read a lot are introduced to thousands of potential ways to live a successful life. This makes them more open minded and more accepting of the choices made by others.

Compassion and t-shirts with pockets. The monkeymind lives.

1 comment:

Zendoc said...

Fahgeddaboudit. S'my pleasure.