Monday, September 25, 2006

A Rant and a Rave

I guess in retrospect...if you are going to have spect, retro is probably the best kind...I didn't miss much by not seeing the Ryder Cup. The U.S. (Usual Suspects?) ...sus is a good kind of spect to have has well...got trounced by the Euros and there was little drama to be had. It's just that,well, in lieu of the RyderCup, our crack program selectors from Venezuela decided to air The X Games. Let me repeat, The X Games. Instead of an international competition featuring the best golfers from Europe playing the best Golfers from the U.S.A., we were shown grown men flipping bicycles and twirling on skateboards. "I give him a nine Ralph, that was a full 360 with no hands. I haven't seen that since like two minutes ago when the last guy did it." I realize that golf is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you are over 12 and you watch The X Games, I sincerely reccomend you get either therapy, a clue or mind altering drugs. You need a life.

Thank you, I do feel better now.

Afortunadamente, my angst ... a good word that conjures something both adolescent and lying on a couch spilling your guts to a german psychiatrist who says, "Ah so, and zen vatt happens?" and actually means "a gloomy,(Gloomy, in case you haven't noticed, is a perfect word. It sounds exactly like what it means.) often neurotic feeling of generalized anxiety and depression" so the conjuring is right on the money... was relieved by watching the Broncos playing and defeating the Patriots on Sunday Night Football after a long afternoon of short conversations, mostly chitchat (another on- the- money sounding word) with new pals on an old friend's, well relatively speaking, balcony, sipping assorted beverages -I had coffee followed by champagne (heartburn is my friend) - and munching most delicious foodstuffs including French dip sandwiches which, of course, cry out to be washed down by champagne because, you know, it's a French thing, and mingling about getting a sense of this guy and that gal. (Where would the Monkeymind be without run-on sentences?) In short - yes I can be short - party stuff for the over fifty set. All in all a day well spent.

The X Games....... Give me a break.

2 comments:

Zendoc said...

The Wild Horses That Can't Be Tamed have defeated the "beloved" Patriots 5 of the last 6 times they've met. What's with those U.S. Postal Service helmets?

Zendoc said...

Oh, and never pick a road team in a suicide league.