Saturday, September 23, 2006

Worrier

You wouldn't know to look at me, but I'm a worrier. And for good reasons. For instance:

There are a couple programs I use to download music from the internet. They are free and some of 21st century life's nicer amenities. You probably use something of the sort yourself. The thing that worries me and probably you too if you think about it, is that these programs, in collusion with my computer, also download music I haven't asked for. I have at least a dozen songs on my random play list that neither I nor Woowoo Charly have ever heard before, and, in reality, wouldn't have chosen to hear a second time if we had. So what's the harm you ask? I don't know for sure... BUT... what if it's downloading other things you haven't asked for? What if it's downloading recipes or car repair instructions? Still so what, you say. Okay, what if it's downloading tiny devices that can emit rays that signal your dog to attack or cyber pods that absorb your personality and replace it with those of Aliens or Neo Cons, which are probably the same thing, or invisible beams of light that shoot into your eyeballs and blind you whenever you try to read Molly Ivans or Keith Olberman. What if you already have a program downloaded that's sending the subliminal message, Go Raiders? What about that huh? Still not worried? Well I am, but then I'm a worrier.

I'm also worried about Baru, our own personal volcano. It's been looking a little down lately. I think the constant shroud of clouds wrapped around its pointy parts that happens this time of year are beginning to get on its nerves. Last night we had a beautiful sunset that backdropped Baru in pinks and oranges and I thought I could detect a slight perking up of its shoulders, but this morning, what with the wind and rain back, they're all slumped and gray looking again. Don't know what to do to help. Maybe a big Prozac dropped from a copter into the chasm at the top might cheer it up. Of course, that might make it too frisky though. Might start spitting stuff back at us. And what do we do if that happens, being so close and all. Jeez, now I'm really worried. But then, I'm a worrier so it's all normal...right?

1 comment:

Zendoc said...

I want to delete but something downloaded won't let me.