Saturday, October 06, 2007

Food for Thought

The day feels festive already. It's a bright, clear A.M. and all the troops, Woowoo Charly, RTGFKAR, Randy and Maryellen, save one, me the Lone Blogger, are on the patio woofing coffee. I can hear the high tinkly sounds of the women's laughter and the low bass counterpoint Ha Ha's of the men. I wonder what has struck them funny. Later today we will wander over to Bonnie and Larry's to eat mounds of shrimp cocktail - we bought ten pounds of fresh shrimp yesterday - large steaks cooked to perfection, which for me means beyond recognition of the animal it once was, and to imbibe assorted alcoholic beverages. Imbibing these beverages, I'm told, is less dangerous than actually drinking them. This good time awaiting all compliments of Woowoo Chuck and self described Old Redneck Larry who are celebrating birthdays here and now abouts. Their respective 39ths no doubt.

Alrighty then, let's carry on.

Do you like garlic? We, the Pnama pundits, have an ongoing conversation about garlic that goes something like this.

Everyone in the world: "Garlic tastes wonderful and is good for you. I can't have too much."

Me: "Nah".

(I'm sure there are some vampire strains in my DNA because lately, besides the garlic thing, I also try to avoid mirrors. If I start ducking crosses, feel free to stake me.)

I surmise, though, that it is not unusual to have eating quirks about foods generally considered by the populace at large and possibly at medium to be, ahem, "good for you." RTGFKAR, for instance, won't eat onions or uncooked vegetables. Woowoo Charly, an extreme example, doesn't eat at all but somehow makes food disappear from the table. She claims to be eating, but when forced to stand on a scale to prove it, the needle doesn't budge. In addition to garlic, I'm adverse to greasy finger foods and anything on my plate that moves by itself.

So all you all fess up ( the Old Redneck keeps rubbing off on me) and tell me your food quirks. While you're doing that I'll go party.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all good. Well, except for ripe bananas--don't like 'em once they have brown spots. Oysters don't really float my boat, either.

Zendoc said...

You got the banana thing from your Woowoo mama. Charly though, will eat an oyster or twelve.

Anonymous said...

I like free range children...

I always like noodles n butter. But that aint too south beach.

I wish a craved salad. I don't.

Anonymous said...

I'm with D on the ripe bananas. Yuck. I like 'em green.