Monday, October 29, 2007

The Monkeymind and Other Stuff

Here's how the monkeymind works. I was going to return to drinking black coffee this morning to spare myself the calories from milk and sugar. When I looked, however, at my first cup, there I was stirring in the evil dairy and the suicide sweet. I don't recall which parallel universe I was visiting when those substances were added. Call that the down side of the monkeymind. My first thought upon arriving back on this plane was, I'm a creature of habit. My next thought was, no you're not, a nun is a creature of habit. I call that the upside of the monkeymind, because a chuckle is worth a thousand calories.

Sybil Danning. (Just seeing if my boys are paying attention.)

RTGFKAR and I are still pumping Irene. (That's iron for anyone new to the blog.)We have been at it semi-seriously since May. (I've been at life semi-seriously since 1941.) For the doubters and the scoffers who are at this moment going doubt doubt scoff scoff, I want to point out that we are buff old dudes. Okay it is hard to tell because our massive buffness is hidden under our massive consumption of RTGFKAR's homemade carbohydrates, but we have increased our bench press weight by almost 40 pounds and our curls by ten or twelve. How our increased strength relates to our actual lives is hard to gauge, but I am looking forward to 300 yard drives when the rain stops and we return to the links. That would be the golf links and not the hot links from which we have never departed.

In a further effort to return to those thrilling days of fitter years and the never ending search for blog material, I am today joining a class called "Dancercise." Feeling that my long walks at a leisurely pace while my leash arm is stretched to a freakish length by Gus fulfilling his own exercise needs is not meeting my aerobic, heart pumping, lung bursting, body sweating requirements as designed by a reliable source I once heard about through a friend, I figure I'll dance my way to fame and fitness. Stay tuned and we'll see how that goes.

For now though, it's off to Daveed to buy toilets because, you know, we need those too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dancercise. Really? Awesome. I want pics. Better yet, video.

And do I not get this one because I'm a girl?
Sybil Danning. (Just seeing if my boys are paying attention.)

Zendoc said...

Alas, no class.

Sybil is a mystery only to those who have never heard of Joe Bob Briggs.

Unknown said...

So want to hear about Dancercise.