Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lost and Found

I like the way the English say frustration. FrusTRYshun. Either way works for describing my condition at the moment. Last night while sliding into slumber land I had what surely was a great idea for a blog, so I began to write it silently in my head. I should have perhaps written it noisily in my head as it is now completely lost in that cavernous space. I am going to pause a moment and send in a memory rescue team to try and locate the idea.

Lorraine Day and Leo Durocher. John Beresford Tipton. Tinkers to Evers to Chance. Virginia Mayo. Wolfbane and defiling the ancient tombs of Anankh. Cosmo Topper.

There's a lot of trivial junk in there. No wonder I can't find the idea.

Riverboat ring your bell, Maverick was a legend of the West. The Lawman rides with the sun. Rawhide rawhiiiide, CRACK! He makes the sign of the Zee. Wyatt Earp, Wyatt Earp brave courageous and bold. Have gun will travel reads the card of the man.

Hmmm, that was an interesting period.

Bob Waterfield and Jane Russell. I love Bosco. Maria Ouspenskia. Crazy Legs Hirsh. John Beresford Tipton. Whoops, I must have gone in a circle. Mary Martin is Peter Pan? The Inner Sanctum. There's a signpost up ahead. The Shadow knows. Hi Ho Silver awaaay. Hopalong Cassidy. Nabisco Shredded Wheat.

It's a friggin mess in there. It's a wonder I can find anything.

Danny and the Juniors. Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Red Ryder. Red Buttons. Little Lulu. The Katzenjammer Kids. Humphrey Bogart was the baby on the first Gerber jar. And awaaaay we go. Vivian Vance. Bazooka Bubble Gum. Vernon Presley.

This is hopeless, I give up.

Marjorie Maine. Marjorie Morningstar. Brenda Star and of course Bart. Cavalcade of Stars. Your Show of Shows. Reeeely big show tonight. Gold at Fort Knox, silver at West Point. Win one for the gipper George Gipp...

Help! I can't get out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Monkeymind!

Wow. When I read that and realize that you (being the slow typer you are) surely couldn't get your monkeymind thoughts out as quickly as they formed....well, when I read that and think of the comparative speed of my own brain, I feel, well....kinda retarded.