Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Treading Water

Another beautiful morning. They all are. This one's a bit soggy though. The rain sounds like mice tap dancing on the roof. The rainy season, we are told, ends in mid November. We will be moving into our new house, we are told, also in mid November. This sounds like a nice marriage of happy events, but I worry about the we are told part. I mean, you hear a lot of things. Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq comes to mind and Bush has live brain cells is another. On a more personal note, RTGFKAR was told by his shipping company that his stuff would arrive shortly. That was last May. And I've been eating my spinach since I was a little kid so I could grow up to be "big and strong." I'm still waiting for the growth spurt.

Optimism prevails despite all because I like saying optimism. Especially this way, OPTOE (pause) Mism. You don't get that? Ah well, the monkeymind is not always capturable. Our house IS nearing completion, albeit at a snail's pace and the rain has stopped in previous Novembers. RTGFKAR was informed that his stuff is on a boat headed this way and I haven't abandoned hopes of topping out at six three. To that end I bought more spinach yesterday. Bush and his Idiocy, I mean presidency, will eventually come to an end and all will be right with the world. Won't it? Well, my world anyway.

It must be clear to you by now that I have nothing to say today. When that happens I just monkeymind about and see what appears on the screen. I usually call that "treading water", but considering my last blog I want to be real careful with the phrase. It is as you know, still raining.

Or is it? The mice have quit dancing. Time for me to start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mid-November? Yay! That's so soon!

And really, Ramon's things haven't arrived? Sheesh.