Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Alas, there will be no dancercise blog. I pulled into the parking lot of Snoopy's where the class was going to be held about ten minutes early. There was one other car there, its occupant also waiting, and friendly guy that I am I knocked on the car's darkly tinted window hoping to inquire a bit about the class. A woman - I could tell by the voice - rolled the window down about an inch and said, "yes?" I asked if I was in the right place for the dance class and she told me I was but that the class was for women only. "Really?" I replied or something else clever like that,
"It didn't say that on the Internet." She said it wasn't mentioned on the change of location email but was on the original posting. I asked if it mattered that I was in touch with my feminine side and she rolled up her window. So...no blog there.

Today is Halloween, my favorite Holiday and my plan was to watch horror movies all day on the off chance I haven't previously seen one of them. It's hard to remember when you are on the seventh or eighth sequel. It's always fun, well for me anyway, to see how the teens do in Michael, Jason and Freddy, after of course, M,J and F have weeded out a sizable number of the hormonally driven lot themselves, and to look for future stars in the casts. Johnny Depp was in a "Nightmare On.." episode. The first one I think. My plan, though, was interrupted by things that need doing. If you're thinking, like I was initially, what can be more important than watching B, C and D horror flicks, then let me point out that one of the things I need to do is go pay the cable bill. I got a call saying it was going to be turned off today if I didn't. It would be nice if the cable company would actually send or deliver a bill to me so I'd know, but at least they called. After that, well there's other stuff I'll do as long as I'm out.

Damn, "Dracula 2000" is on and I'm going to miss it. Ah well, maybe next year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We watched a few new ones this year on TCM (new to us, they are of course classics, else why would TCM air them?). All quite good!
Seen any of these?
Scream of Fear (1961). A wheelchair-bound heiress doubts her sanity when she sees her dead father's body around the family estate. With Susan Strasberg, Ronald Lewis, Ann Todd, and Christopher Lee

The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971).
A madman uses the plagues of ancient Egypt to avenge his wife's death. With Vincent Price, Joseph Cotten and Virginia North.

The Devil-Doll (1936). A Devil's Island escapee shrinks murderous slaves and sells them to his victims as dolls (while dressed as an old woman). With Lionel Barrymore (in drag), Frank Lawton and Rafaela Ottiano.

Zendoc said...

I've seen Phibes. That spawned a few sequels and was the only time Price actually played the monster. We get TCM, but I didn't see these offerings. We probably get diferent programming because we are shown lots of old TV.

Unknown said...

these are ones they show really late at night and we DVR them and watch them when we're awake...