Monday, October 01, 2007

Blogging Religiously

Another day, another...blog.

Do you have to be ligious and lapse before you can be religious?

I just read an article that says the Religious Right may run their own candidate in 08. Is there a religious left? Or is it religious right and wrong? I looked up religion in my Funk and Wagnals and it said something like a belief in a supreme being who created the universe. Sounds like every kid's parents until he or she hits twelve or so and begins to believe the universe revolves around themselves. I'm not a believer my own self in the God is God and We are We and never the twain shall meet unless you tithe regularly and vote Republican. I'm more of a God is Us and All Things not wearing Yankee pin stripes kind of a guy. A God Force kind of a guy Woowoo Charly would call it. Not that it matters. Unless you are the kind of religious whack job who says my belief is the RIGHT belief and I will foster it upon you or kill your ass to prove it kind of a guy. There are far too many of those and about them, I worry. Which is why I bothered to read The Religious Right article in the first place. What if they run their own guy and win? I thought Bush was about as bad as it could get when it comes to being a "God tells me what to do" kind of a guy, but compared to the old non-reality based RR, his rhetoric is downright tame. I shudder to think, but then thinking makes me shudder anyway so it gets confusing. The Dali Lama or the Dolly Parton once said that "things are as they are because that's how they are supposed to be" and if he or she is right, things are supposed to be pretty screwed up. At least by my standards which include not dropping your dirty clothes on the floor, hanging up wet towels and cutting the other guy some slack. So, anyway, I urge you to vote in 08. Don't vote right though, vote wrong. It's the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The monkeymind in action--from blogging to the religious right. Nice to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Did you see that Bush is going forward with his meeting with the Dalai Lama despite warnings from the Chinese government?

That reminds me.

One of my favorite moments from last weekend with the DL: on the first morning, while waiting in line with the other 6,000 people, one of the Radio City Music Hall security guards yelled down the line to the other one, "hey, what's goin' on?!"

And his buddy replied, "the lama's packin' 'em in, yo!"

Hahahaaa.