Friday, June 09, 2006

Blog In My Throat

Todd wants to know who thought this up: go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog. The thought that then came to me was: When I showed her my palindrome she said it was the longest she had ever seen. Hey don't blame me, I just work with whatever comes my way.

If you ain't sweatin it, you ain't gettin it. That's my axion for exercise. If your exercise doesn't make you perspire you're just a big fat work out liar. I did 70 trips up and down my 14 stairs day before yesterday. Yes I have buns of steel and quads of quartz, but I also still have the belly roll blues. Six pack abs. Six pack of tapioca. When I finished my 70 trips and stood panting and dripping before my wife, who had been reading me things from the internet while I clumb, - which should be a word - she called me an OCD boy and I thanked her. OCD means Optimally Caressable Dude, right?

From an excellant book I'm reading, "Tears of the Giraffe" comes this: They enjoyed the luxury of an uneventful life. That's it! Exactly! I finally have the answer to the question, how you doon?
"I'm enjoying the luxury of an uneventfull life." Hah! A younger me would never have thought that was possible. The enjoyment part, that is. It would have been, c'mon c'mon c'mon let's do something. Now it's all narrowed down to the things I most like to do and, surprisingly, they're not particularly frantic or dramatic; a bit of writing, a lot of reading, some golf, the company of family/friends and the daily presence of my wife and dog. All the drama I need will soon be coming from Bronco training camp and my daughter's womb. Will Ashly Lelie get traded and who will we get for him and will it be a boy or a girl? And if it is a girl, how about the name Ashly? C'mon c'mon c'mon let's do something. What's the hold up here? We are moving towards the door.

Charly, who says there are no coincidences, thinks it's a coincidence that the rain stops and the sun comes out when I win at Scrabble. We all know that some things must occur for everything to be right with the world. The sun is shining this morning and the hills are alive with the sounds of blogging.

No comments: