Monday, June 05, 2006

Teardrops, Idiocies and Nightmares

The song is Teardrops by Lee Andrews and the Hearts. Son Todd sent the info and also the guitar chords so that I can learn to play the song myself. He neglected to send the talent. While I was waiting for email or blog responses, wife Charly went on the internet, typed in "doowop, teardrops, who?" or something like that and also got the answer. This is one of the reasons why at her last gainful employment she was nicknamed "the smartest woman in the world." I wouldn't go that far myself, but I would say she's the smartest woman in the house.

I've got a stiff and sore right shoulder this morning. Apparently I gave the Sox seven strong innings last night and didn't bother to ice down afterwards. I must have been in too much of a hurry to get to the dance clubs and show the Groupies my moves. Grey haired spastic guys are in this year. Either that or I slept funny. Usually though, when I sleep funny, I wake up chuckling. Chuckling is a funny word itself. Ducklings, Chucklings. Baby Chucks? And there you have a quick demonstration of where the Monkeymind goes when it's loose on the town. Here's another: If a country, any country pick a country, I've got one that comes to mind, elects an idiot as it's president, does that make it's form of government an Idiocy? Just wondering.

This is one of those I Got Nothin mornings so I'll do a chamber of commerce thing and talk about the weather. Wait! Before I do that, I've got to talk about a terrifying horror movie or was it a dream I just saw/had. It was called "The Chamber Of Commerce." I was locked in a dark chamber with weird, suit clad people. We were eating rubbery chicken and discussing how to improve insurance sales when one of the suited creatures, I think he was the leader, he had the most lapel pins, suddenly stood up and shouted "What we need is a better business bureau and with that, some other guys, all dressed alike, rolled in a brand new one, bureau that is, and when they opened its drawers, spread sheets, calculators and profit and loss statements flew threw the air and attacked me! I was waving my arms about in a panic, frantically trying to ward them off. I was shouting "my books are balanced, my books are balanced" because they are neatly stacked and in no danger of falling over, but it was doing no good. A giant ledger appeared before me with its pages riffling menacingly red and just when it was about to mash me flat between its thick leather covers, I threw the hard right hook and.......that's probably how I really hurt my shoulder.

As for the weather, it rained most of yesterday. Sunny today though. Ciao

No comments: