Thursday, June 29, 2006

Charge!

The Pittsburg Pantaloons. The Seattle Suits. The Carolina Cocktail Dresses. The Brooklyn Bikinis. The Syracuse Spaghetti Straps. The Atlanta Athletic Supporters. Just a few names that might have been if the trend in naming teams after articles of clothing had continued. Of course, they would have been more cleverly, or more badly, spelled.

I'm depressed this morning. There's a heavy load on my shoulders that's weighing me down and causing a pain in my neck. It's my head. Damn thing just sits up there staring out the window watching the clouds go by. As far as I can tell the only message it's sending down to the rest of me is how about another cup of coffee. I'm looking for inspiration, my head's in search of caffeine. Maybe what we both need is to go on a Retreat. I don't really know what a Retreat is, but I've just learned that one of my daughters is off to one and I want to go to. Having once been in the military it never occurred to me that a Retreat might be a good thing. In the Army Attacks were good and Retreats were bad, so I've never experienced going backwards. Must have something going for it though or my daughter wouldn't be on her way there. She's pretty smart.

Maybe I'm low because I've just come from surfing the web and my board needs more wax. I found myself wiping out on the big happy waves - Sox win 11th straight - and crashing below the curl - Nuggets draft nobody - and then being tossed about on an angry tide - average CEO makes more in one working day than average employee makes in all 52 weeks. This would probably not upset me as much if any of my kids was a CEO, but c'mon, how many parents have one of those? I wonder if CEOs go on Retreats. Probably not. Bet they own a few though. You know I'm off my game when I've written CEO three times without giving you the names the intials stand for. Clearly Egotistical Ossholes? There you go, I'm feeling better already. After lunch today - we are going out for Mexican - I'll be my old self. Yeah I know I'm my OLD self all the time, you didn't have to bring that up, I told you I was depressed, but a couple of margs and a chimichanga, a word that makes me happy just saying it, should have me back to my old OLD self in no time at all. So with that in mind I say to hell with Retreat. The word for today is Charge!

No comments: