Sunday, June 04, 2006

Skipping Away

I was going to skip today...but men look so silly when they skip.

I made another cake, chocolate on chocolate in chocolate about chocolate. It was A Work Of ART. Charly ate it. This is why I don't take her to museums.

It is Sunday here. I'm not sure what day it is in the rest of the world. I don't think Panama has much to do with the rest of the world. I'm thinking that's a good thing. I read where it is going to be 90 degrees in Denver this afternoon. Second or third day in a row. People there should come here to get away from the heat. Of course the heat's not so bad in Denver because it's not humid there. And even when it is, as my brother once said, "It's a dry humidity." He's a funny man. And a smart man. That's why he's moving to Panama.

Charly is on the balcony reading a book. Our kids send us lots of books. Charly feels it is her duty to read them all. Except the books that have anything to do with sports other than golf or any book that has a jacket blurb that says, "this book really sucks." We don't get many of those.
I read the books she says I just have to and also the ones she says YOU will probably like this. I don't know quite what she means by that, but I read them anyway. We're both reading Donna Leon murder mysteries at the moment. Murder mysteries are the only kind that get written these days. The Case of the Missing Supermarket Cart lacks an audience. Someone has to die.
There's a stack of books off to my left on this large, curved, built-in, work space we use for writing and, well, stacking books. Must be at least a hundred there. The title that jumps out at me is "Making a Good Brain Great." I don't think I'll read that one. If I read it they will have to change the name to "Making a Strained Brain a Headache." There's also a book called "Beauty Tips From Moosejaw." I can probably use those.

It's June here in Panama. That means it is the start of the Rainy Season as opposed to Panama's other season the Dry Season. There's no fooling around with the Seasons here. You know exactly what you are going to get. There's none of that hide them in meaningless names stuff. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall/Autumn. What do they mean? Okay Spring is a word I can understand, but what does it have to do with weather? C'mon, North America. Your Seasons are Cold, Windywet, Hot and Football. Get with the program, call 'em what they are.

One last thing. I wear a sort of sweat jacket with hood against the early morning chill as I sit here writing. Yeah, I know, it's 67 or 68 degrees and I'm chilly. What can I tell you. This morning what with my sweat jacket being in the hamper for today's laundry, I put on a longsleeve shirt and just draped a bandana over my head. I don't know how to tie one like those rapper guys so I just draped it there. A moment ago my neighbor Sonia walked by and I ran onto the balcony to tell her something. I had forgotten the bandana, it's bright red I might add, was still draped on my head. Sonia didn't mention it.

Alrighty then. I am going to go skip now. I can't look any sillier.

No comments: