Thursday, June 08, 2006

My thoughts?

"I'm just sitting here gathering my thoughts." That was a comment a woman made on an old movie I was sort of watching while reading a book and waiting for a Frazier rerun to come on yesterday. It seemed to be an acceptable thing to do and say as the person who had asked the woman "what are you doing?" just responded "oh" when she heard it and walked away.

Gathering my thoughts. I would do a little of that this morning if I could find any to gather. And really, if thoughts are out there to be gathered, I might be better off gathering someone elses. You know, someone smarter. Let me look around. Hmmn, I'm getting something from Gus about a walk and Charly is memorizing two letter words like ev and da to nail me with at Scrabble, but other than those, the flimsy thoughts that crop up seem to be my own. Or are they? It's some group like the Buddhists, the Taoists or Lee Andrews and the Hearts who say that if you believe you are the thinker of the thoughts, stop thinking them. Turns out you can't. They just keep coming. For instance, this one arrived just now for no apparent reason: What's the deal with human growth hormones? It's not my thought, don't blame me. I always figured Wheaties was a human growth hormone. So I guess the thoughts are out there on their own. They're tough to roundup though and a lot of the good ones never seem to enter my neighborhood. An example is that thirty or forty years ago the buy Microsoft thought was scooped up before it even got to my block. And bet on the Sox to win it all when they were three games down to the Yanks in 04? Never crossed my path. That move to Panama was definetly a good one. Charly thought, or is it caught, that one first.

I'm going to sit here now and see what arrives. Here it comes, here it comes! The parrots are back from cappucino or copacabana or wherever it is they go when they are not here. Wouldn't you know it. I grab that one while the answers to global warming are slamming into some future Nobel Prize winner's head. Hope he pays attention. Oh well, it's nice to have the parrots back. Four pair of them landed on a tree next to our balcony yesterday and just perched there leaning against each other like love birds in a Disney cartoon. Nice.

Oh Oh. Here comes another one. The greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Wait a minute! That's Nat King Cole's. Here's what I end up grabbing: The great beast leaped into the blog and was gone. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey It's working! I'd like to know who sat down and thought out: go hang a salami i'm a lasagna hog

It's a palindrome!